|FFUR 2005 - File Description
| Description: |
This is the long-awaited FFUR 2005 modification from the FFUR Team. This pack replaces all defaul Bohemia Interactive Studios units with community-made, high-quality addons and effects set in the time in and around 2005.
After installation, this modification will use roughly 800MB of disk space. In addition, you will need to create a launch icon yourself, by following the instructions which come with the download.
The following machine specifications have been recommended by the FFUR Team:
1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon XP
512Mb DDR RAM
A graphics card with Pixel Shader 3.0 would help, along with high-framerate bump mapping. If you wish to use the additional Sky Pack within the modification, you will need a GeForce 5 Series or Radeon 9 Series or above to provide good enough framerates.
* AI hears and sees better to varying degrees, Specops and Snipers have higher settings.
* AI Heavy Tanks will throw Smoke when they’re attacked.
* AI intelligently uses 3 firing modes: Single Shot from 500 meters, Burst Fire from 300 meters and Full Auto mode from 100 meters.
* AI is more aggressive and more tactically aware.
* AI understands when to press home a tactical advantage, and when to pull back.
* AI sometimes panics.
* Realistic Tracers based on NATO data.
* Realistic Recoils based on Real-Life experience of the actual weapons provided by experienced military personnel.
* Realistic Bullet values based on actual military information.
* Realistic Firing Modes: for example : the MP5 has 3 firing modes and the AK74 or the AK47 have 2 firing modes, just like the real weapons.
* Realistic Gunfire Sounds: especially the M16 and the AK74 sounds which have been recorded by our military advisors especially for the FFUR mod.
* Realistic sounds for the M2 and the Dshk.
* Realistic tracers matching real-life heavy weapons.
* Realistic M2 gunner position.
* Realistic shielding values.
* Realistic Ironsights for all firearms.
* Realistic and authentic weapons copied from real-life.
* Realistic Tracers different for each tank based on NATO data.
* Realistic Sights for gunners and commanders based on real ones.
* Realistic Smoke Walls for heavy tanks
* Realistic Engine Sounds.
* Realistic explosive bullets for AA units (Shilka and Vulcan).
* Realistic Eject Sequence for jet fighters.
* Realistic flares for jet fighters.
* Realistic and authentic weapons.
* Realistic Tracers based on Nato Data.
* Realistic Armor values.
* Realistic sounds.
* US BlackOps units carry Binoculars and a Beretta
* US Machine Gunners carry a M1911
* US Pilots carry Handguns.
* US Crews carry Handguns.
* US Soldiers carry the M61 grenade.
* US Snipers and Special Forces are able to treat wounds.
* Soviet Spetznatz Units carry an AK74 PBS or an ASS VAL
* Soviet RPG soldiers carry an AK74Su
* Soviet Spetznatz units carry a Handgun and Binoculars
* Soviet Pilots have Handguns.
* Soviet Soldiers carry the F1 grenade.
* Realistic aiming capability for all soldiers.
* 10 meter spacing between each soldier in a squad - no more taking out an entire squad with a single grenade.
Gameplay and Interface Improvements
* New custom GUI for the main screen.
* New Mission editor interface.
* New Briefing book.
* New Computer.
* New realistic sounds for all weapons , vehicles, aircrafts and explosions.
* New Music based on patriotic music samples oand war movie samples - all from the 1985 Cold War era.
* New Animations based on the popular DMA NextGen (relax) + DMA pistol animations.
* Standing and Crouching lean actions implemented, together with rolling while prone.
* BIS quotes which appear at the death of soldiers replaced by more topical ones from the Cold War era.
* New Pictures for all weapons.
* New Information available for all weapons based on FAS.org data.
* New Compass.
* New Radio.
* New Map design.
* All addons have been decompressed to further reduce lag and framerate difficulties.
* Only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for this pack.
· US SIDE
· US Soldiers -> HYK Modern Soldiers (US Military)
· US Blackops -> Bambi Blackops
· US pilots -> LSR Army Pilots
· M16 -> SJB M16A4
· M16M203 -> SJB M16A4M203
· M60 -> BOH M249
· M21 -> SJB Woodland M24
· Law -> Laser AT4 (M136 -> US Version)
· Carl Gustav -> Earl & Such Javelin
· Beretta -> SJB Beretta
· Glock 17 -> SJB Glock 18
· hk -> Wipman M4sd ACOG
· Satchel -> C4
· Mines -> Spetznatz Mod US Mines
· Handgrenade -> US M67
· M113 -> CBT M113A3
· M1A1 -> HEP M1A2
· M60A1 -> Sigma M60A3
· M2A2 -> CBT M2A2A3
· M163 -> INQ M163
· M998 -> CBT M1098
· Trucks 5T Support/Fuel/ammunitions -> CBT Hemmts
· Trucks 5T Transport soldiers -> [IEF] Mp 5T Trucks
· Jeep -> Hmmwv Open
· JeepMG -> Hmmwv Open with M2
· Ah-1 -> Vit AH-1w
· Ah-64 -> Hfk AH-64D
· UH-60 (mg/ffar) -> CSLA UH-60 (s)
· A-10 -> Diesel A-10
. LST -> LSD Ashland
· RUSSIAN SIDE
· Ru Soldiers -> RHS Russian Motorized Infantry
· Ru Spetznatz -> RHS GRU Spetznatz Units
· Ru Pilots -> OW Russian pilots
· Ak74 -> RHS AK74M
· AK74GP15 -> RHS AK74GP25
· Ak74su -> ORCS AK-74u
· -> (Added AKS74B PSO-1 for Spetznatz units.)
· PK -> CSLA PK
· SVD -> CSLA PK
· RPG -> ORCS RPG-7V
· AT-4 -> ORCS RPG-22
· Makarov -> OW APS
· Bizon -> ORCS As Val
· Satchel -> C4
· Mines -> Spetznatz Mod Russian mines
· Handgrenade -> Ru F1
· BMP-1 -> CSLA BMP-2
· BMP-2 -> Vit BMP-3
· T-72 -> ORCS T-72BV
· T-80 -> ORCS T-80UM
· Ural Transport soldiers -> Spetznatz Mod Ural
· UAZ -> CSLA UAZ
· Support Urals -> Spetznatz Mod Support Urals (Repair , ammo and fuel)
· Mi-17 -> CSLA Mi-17
· Mi-24 -> CSLA Mi-24
· V-80 -> DKM Mi-28N
· Su-25 -> TomiD Su-39
· RESISTANCE SIDE
· Re Soldiers -> Edge Resistance soldiers
· AK47 -> RHS AKM
· AK47GP15 -> RHS AKMGP25
· PK -> ORCS PK
· RPG -> ORCS RPG-7
· BMP-1 -> CSLA Camo BMP-1
· Uaz -> CSLA Gaz-169
· Truck -> CSLA FIA Truck
· CIVILIAN SIDE
· Civilians -> Mig/Edge Civilian Men
· Cars -> Vilas/Sigma Cars
| || || |
|FFUR 2005 - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|FFUR 2005 - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|FFUR 2005 - Readme |
| Readme File: |
The installation is very easy, but if you still have difficulty then here is a guide:
At first make sure you installed correctly the patch 1.96 from BIS then make sure you deleted all previous FFUR versions from your 'Operation Flashpoint' folder.
If you downloaded the pack in archive form (.rar), installation involves extracting the archive to your ‘OperationFlashpoint’ or ‘Operation Flashpoint’ directory and creating a shortcut within that folder to your main OFP launch icon (usually FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE). After that, add the following to the end of the target line in the shortcut (without quotes): “-nosplash -nomap -mod=ffurxxx” where xxx = the pack you downloaded (eg. ffur1985).
For those who download the installer, simply run the executable from the location you saved it and follow the instructions.
When the installer starts, you will be told to select the location for the install. This should be correct without you changing anything, but in a small number of cases this is wrong. Depending on the version you bought of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, the game’s main files will be installed in a directory either named “OperationFlashpoint” or “Operation Flashpoint”. If you installed the original game to “OperationFlashpoint” then you will need to change the install path given to reflect this.
|FFUR 2005 - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. AA & OFP Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 9 | Last comment: 11-13-2008 at 10:54
Joined: May 6th, 2003
|HEY!! i downloaded this i think 4 times, the 3 first times AIM crashed, crashing my download which is not your fault, but then i turned off aim to let it download and it said like " File corrupted " or something like that so it failed!!! AHGHH |
Joined: October 28th, 2005
|I've downloaded all the other FFUR mods and thier great can't wait for this one. |
Joined: October 10th, 2005
|this is not working. i downloaded it but do not see an installer.i would try downloading the rar but i'm not an advanced user. |
Joined: April 7th, 2004
|So this is it? the bug-free pack? |
Joined: November 30th, 2004
|playertee - please check either: |
C:WindowsDesktop for the folder, if you use Windows 9x;
Cocuments and SettingsUsernameDesktop if you use XP for the installer file.
If it's not there, download the archive instead and unzip it, then move the unzipped file into your OFP directory.
Joined: November 4th, 2005
|Took a couple of times to download (best time for me was to do it overnight when the transfer rates were lower, and did it through the Australian server where there is less traffic). Quit out of all un-necessary programs (ICQ, AIM, Messenger, etc) to minimise the chances of anything else interferring and it downloaded just fine. |
Only minor issue was when I went to run both the 2005 and Woodland1985 packs they wanted an additional addon (c8x_rus) which I had to track down - easy to find but if it needs it I would hope it was included.
Joined: November 4th, 2005
|Very easy to work with. Mine automatically unpacked it on arrival. Just had to copy the folder across and set up the shortcut icon. All instructions are included and are very simple to follow. |
Joined: September 20th, 2006
|Sure wish I could download, problem is I run a Vista Laptop with 1.73 GHz and 533 MHz with no graphics card |
Joined: September 20th, 2006
|Yess, I can run it with 2005 but not 2007, but I don't mind, it's great nevertheless but I have two questions. How do you make an enemy retreat and the other is what do I push to lean, or is it only in the 2007 mod? |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!