|FFUR Asian Crisis - File Description
| Description: |
This is the long-awaited FFUR Asian Crisis modification, which converts all Bohemia Interactive Studios standard units to units from Japan and China. The modification also adds highly-enhanced special effects, but should still be playable on the standard game requirement specification computer.
The modification requires around 700MB of uncompressed disk space, and the team recommend the following system specifications
1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon XP
512Mb DDR RAM
And if you intend on using the additional Sky Pack within the modification, you will need the following:
Fifth Generation Graphics Card (eg. GeForce 5 Series or Radeon 9 series)
List of Improvements
* AI hears and sees better to varying degrees, Specops and Snipers have higher settings.
* AI Heavy Tanks will throw Smoke when they’re attacked.
* AI intelligently uses 3 firing modes: Single Shot from 500 meters, Burst Fire from 300 meters and Full Auto mode from 100 meters.
* AI is more aggressive and more tactically aware.
* AI understands when to press home a tactical advantage, and when to pull back.
* AI sometimes panics.
* Realistic Tracers based on NATO data.
* Realistic Recoils based on Real-Life experience of the actual weapons provided by experienced military personnel.
* Realistic Bullet values based on actual military information.
* Realistic Firing Modes: for example : the MP5 has 3 firing modes and the AK74 or the AK47 have 2 firing modes, just like the real weapons.
* Realistic Gunfire Sounds: especially the M16 and the AK74 sounds which have been recorded by our military advisors especially for the FFUR mod.
* Realistic sounds for the M2 and the Dshk.
* Realistic tracers matching real-life heavy weapons.
* Realistic M2 gunner position.
* Realistic shielding values.
* Realistic Ironsights for all firearms.
* Realistic and authentic weapons copied from real-life.
* Realistic Tracers different for each tank based on NATO data.
* Realistic Sights for gunners and commanders based on real ones.
* Realistic Smoke Walls for heavy tanks
* Realistic Engine Sounds.
* Realistic explosive bullets for AA units (Shilka and Vulcan).
* Realistic Eject Sequence for jet fighters.
* Realistic flares for jet fighters.
* Realistic and authentic weapons.
* Realistic Tracers based on Nato Data.
* Realistic Armor values.
* Realistic sounds.
* US BlackOps units carry Binoculars and a Beretta
* US Machine Gunners carry a M1911
* US Pilots carry Handguns.
* US Crews carry Handguns.
* US Soldiers carry the M61 grenade.
* US Snipers and Special Forces are able to treat wounds.
* Soviet Spetznatz Units carry an AK74 PBS or an ASS VAL
* Soviet RPG soldiers carry an AK74Su
* Soviet Spetznatz units carry a Handgun and Binoculars
* Soviet Pilots have Handguns.
* Soviet Soldiers carry the F1 grenade.
* Realistic aiming capability for all soldiers.
* 10 meter spacing between each soldier in a squad - no more taking out an entire squad with a single grenade.
Gameplay and Interface Improvements
* New custom GUI for the main screen.
* New Mission editor interface.
* New Briefing book.
* New Computer.
* New realistic sounds for all weapons , vehicles, aircrafts and explosions.
* New Music based on patriotic music samples oand war movie samples - all from the 1985 Cold War era.
* New Animations based on the popular DMA NextGen (relax) + DMA pistol animations.
* Standing and Crouching lean actions implemented, together with rolling while prone.
* BIS quotes which appear at the death of soldiers replaced by more topical ones from the Cold War era.
* New Pictures for all weapons.
* New Information available for all weapons based on FAS.org data.
* New Compass.
* New Radio.
* New Map design.
* All addons have been decompressed to further reduce lag and framerate difficulties.
* Only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for this pack.
. JAPANESE SIDE
. US Soldiers -> BOH Japanese Soldiers
. US Blackops -> BOH Special Forces
. US pilots -> LSR Retextured Japanese Pilots
. M16 -> BOH Type89
. *1 - M16M203 -> FFUR/BOH Type89M203
. M60 -> BOH M249
. M21 -> BOH Type64
. Law -> 84RRT HEAT
. Carl Gustav -> TYPE01 LMAT
. Beretta -> BOH 9mm (P220)
. Satchel -> C4
. M113 -> BOH Type73 APC
. M1A1 -> BOH Type90 MBT
. M60A1 -> BOH Type74 MBT
. M2A2 -> BOH Type89 IFV
. M163 -> BOH Type87 AW
. M998 -> BOH Type73 Jeep M249
. Trucks 5T Support/Fuel/ammunitions -> BOH Support Trucks
. Trucks 5T Transport soldiers -> BOH Transport Soldier Truck
. M113 Ambulance -> BOH Type73 Ambul
. boat -> FFUR Japanese Boat
. Jeep -> BOH Type73 Jeep
. JeepMG -> BOH type73 Jeep MG
. Ah-1 -> BOH AH-1S
. CH-47 -> BOH CH-47J
. Ah-64 -> BOH AH-64
. OH-58 -> BOH OH-1
. UH-60 (ffar) -> CSLA/BOH retextured UH-60 FFAR
. UH-60 (ffar) -> BOH UH-1H MG
. A-10 -> F-2 MK82
. A-10LGB -> F-2 CBU87
. CHINESE SIDE
. Ru Soldiers -> VME PLA Soldiers
. Ru Spetznatz -> VME PLA Special Forces
. Ru Pilots -> VME PLA Pilots
. Ak74 -> VME QBZ95
. AK74GP15 -> VME QBZ95Type91
. Ak74su -> VME QBZ95 Aimpoint
. PK -> VME QBB95
. SVD -> VME QBU88
. RPG -> VME PF89 HEAT
. Tokarev -> QBZ92 9mm
. Satchel -> C4
. BMP-1 -> VME ZSD89I
. BMP-2 -> VME ZSD89II
. T-72 -> VME ZTZ88B
. T-80 -> VME ZTZ99
. Shilka -> VME PGZ95
. BRDM -> VME PARA Jeep 82
. Ural Transport soldiers -> VME Transport soldiers truck
. UAZ -> VME BJ2102
. Support Urals -> Spetznatz Mod Support Urals (Repair , ammo and fuel)
. BMP Ambulance -> VME WZ752
. boat -> FFUR Chinese Boat
. Mi-17 -> VME Mi-17I
. *2- Mi-24 -> CSLA/VME Mi-24I
. V-80 -> VME WZ10
. Su-25 -> VME Q5II
. RESISTANCE SIDE
. Re Soldiers -> Williec Resistance soldiers
. AK47 -> VME QBZ81.
. FAL -> BOH Type64
. AK47GP15 -> RHS AKMGP25
. BMP-1 -> CSLA Camo BMP-1
. T-72 -> RHS/FFUR T-72
. T-80 -> RHS/FFUR T-80
. T-55 -> VME T-69
. Uaz -> CSLA Gaz-169
. Truck -> CSLA FIA Truck
. CIVILIAN SIDE
. Civilians -> Mig/Edge Civilian Men
. Cars -> Vilas/Sigma Cars
*1 - The FFUR Team added an M203 to the Type89 to avoid breaking BIS campaigns and missions.
*2 - The Chinese Army doesn’t have official Hind helicopters but the team had to replace BIS Mi-24 with a retextured Chinese camouflage model in the goal to avoid breaking BIS missions and campaigns.
| || || |
|FFUR Asian Crisis - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|FFUR Asian Crisis - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|FFUR Asian Crisis - Readme |
| Readme File: |
The installation is very easy, but if you still have difficulty then here is a guide:
At first make sure you installed correctly the patch 1.96 from BIS then make sure you deleted all previous FFUR versions from your 'Operation Flashpoint' folder.
If you downloaded the pack in archive form (.rar), installation involves extracting the archive to your ‘OperationFlashpoint’ or ‘Operation Flashpoint’ directory and creating a shortcut within that folder to your main OFP launch icon (usually FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE). After that, add the following to the end of the target line in the shortcut (without quotes): “-nosplash -nomap -mod=ffurxxx” where xxx = the pack you downloaded (eg. ffur1985).
For those who download the installer, simply run the executable from the location you saved it and follow the instructions.
When the installer starts, you will be told to select the location for the install. This should be correct without you changing anything, but in a small number of cases this is wrong. Depending on the version you bought of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, the game’s main files will be installed in a directory either named “OperationFlashpoint” or “Operation Flashpoint”. If you installed the original game to “OperationFlashpoint” then you will need to change the install path given to reflect this.
|FFUR Asian Crisis - User Comments
No File Comments have been added yet!
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!