This is the latest version of Pappy Boyington's Y2K3 mod so there is no need to chase around any patches. It's a good all round mod on the same level of FFUR, in fact it was Y2K3 that inspired TB84 to start up FFUR. The mod has a lot of interesting features and differs form FFUR in a big way. One of the best features is that all cars have a CD Player with 14 pre set songs but you can also add your own which is very simple to do. Another cool feature is when you fire a tank shell at soldier, they will explode into a bloody mass. This total conversion deserves a permanent place on your hard drive. At the bottom of this page you will find two turorials done by Pappy Boyington on how to add your own music and change an addon in the mod config.
* Infantry -> HYK soldier
* Sniper -> HKY sniper with M24SWS and Colt M1911
* Sniper (Anti-Material) added in with M82 and Colt M1911
* Crew -> Combat Crew
* Black Op -> HYK Rangers
* Black Ops renamed to Speical Forces & Special Forces (Day)
* Speical Forces (Day) equiped with M4 all Special Forces equiped with mk23 pistols (sd for night unsil for day)
* Speical Forces equiped with M4 SD
* M21 -> Dan_M14 pack M21
*Beretta 92F and Glock 17 -> SJB models (sounds and optics unchanged)
* M60 (tank)-> SIG M-60A3
* M1A1 -> INQ/King Homer M1A2SEP
* 5T truck -> Marfy's 5t truck
* 5T open -> marfy reskin
* UH60MG -> BAS HH60G pavekhawk (all scripts and animations retained and renamed in editor to "HH60G (mg)")
* UH60-> BAS MH60G grey pavekhawk (all scripts and animations retained and ffars kept in weapon loadout for compatibility and renamed in editor to"MH60G (ffar)")
* AH1 -> Vit AH1W Camo
* A10 -> Oyman / INQ A10
* A10(LGB) -> Oyman / INQ A10
* M113 -> Combat M113A3
* M163 -> INQ M163
* AH64 -> MPIV AH64D Longbow
* Grenadier equiped with 203 vest
* Machine Gunner equiped with M249
* Laser Designator -> AN/PEQ-1 (from BAS)
* OH58 -> BAS OH58
* M2A2 -> Combat's M2A2ODS
* Carl Gustave changed to M87 Dragon
* Pilot -> Lasers US Army Pilot and attack pilot. (attack pilots are in AH1 and AH64)
* JeepMG -> INQ's HTTV.
* HMMWV -> CBT Humvee
* JeepMG and Humvee have MUCH better off road capibilies
* Support Trucks replaced by HMETTS (covered = repair, mg varient = ammo, fuel = fuel)
* Snipers have 10 slots avilable now, Medics also armed with pistols
* Burst fire mode removed from AK-74 & AK-47 for realism's sake
* Bodies explod upon direct hit with rocket or if too close to something that does explode (optional config to disable this option)
* Blood, flies,AT backblast, and other misc ECP effects enabled again
* "plane" name changed in editor to Cessna 182
* All optics are also changed to suchy-earl / benus
* All Weapons Replaced with INQ's (except the svd, pkm, pistols and AA/AT weapons)
* BIS launched grenade now uses only 1 slot
* Compass changed to WGL one
* Pilots have life vests in case they bail out over water
* Pistol Sights and Sounds replaced by better more realistic ones.
* extra fire from missles and rockets (helo launched)
* MBT tank fire effect from main gun
* Tracers added to Helos, Tanks, and Soldiers (default tracers turned black so the new ones are visable)
* Custom Animation Pack
* New GUI
* BIS Hospital Buildings Heal
* BIS Repair Shops Repair
* Misc BIS Bunkers with working ladders
* BIS Street Lights Dimmed to a realistic setting
* Custom Icon (Designed by Me)
* New Installer
* Y2K3 Version number now displayed on main menu
* Changed fireing sound for the vulcan
* Police have the option to "Assert Your Athoritah" that makes the cop say "you will respect my athoritah!" (athority in english)
* Specops have the ability to heal, also have enhanced hearing and visual capibilities
* Snipers have the ability to deactivate mines, also enahnced hearing and visual capibilities
* Medics have 10 slots and are also armed with a sidearm. Resi-Cz75, Russ-Tokarev, West-Glock
* Leaning and Rolling animations implemented for primary weapon (rifle)
* Delayed fuse on hand grenades
* Ability to "Play Dead" hiding from the enemy when your health is 50%
* AH64 Crashed model now features 1 Stinger tube and one missle
* Ammo Crate changed to Mapfact Military Objects Pack "Crate"
* Unit Replacment Config Offered for low end users.. or users that dont want any effects
*Motorcycle will feature a phantom cargo proxy to keep mission compatibility
*East & West tanks will now be balanced with armor and weapon changes. the M60 has a new gun and ammo configuration and both the T72 and T80 will have the same ORCS gun and ammo (both res and east sides)... however the T55 remains unchanged and still remains to be the rotton old out dated peice of shit it is so takinga t55 into an armor battle is like bringing a rubber mallet to a gun fight.
*3D Craters featured under all APC and Armored vehicles as well as randomly placed under cars, crashed planes, and crashed helos. completly random for the last 3 items but 100% for the tanks and APC's. assuming the tank isnt burning the craters also ofer little, but some, protection from enemy fire.
*In keeping game fairness anti-tank weapons including the AT4, the Satchel Charges, the Mines, but the AT weapons for east and west remain the same.. after testing 1 hit from the AT weapon disables the tank enough the crew bails out.
I may of missed a few things, matter of fact I KNOW i missed some things on the list. but I assure you that "total conversion" means just that. total conversion. everything is changed.
Quote:CD Player Information:
ssv_documents is a file that contains the CD player script used on civilian vehicals and the humvee.
the CD player script is my own, however it does contain one downside. once you play a song, you have to listen to it the whole way thru before you can put on another one. if you attempt to play another one before the first is finished you will only hear 2 songs played at once. so ONLY play ONE song at a time. the music is played centrlized at the car so the farther away u go the more it fades out, the closer you are the car the louder it is
Adding Your Own Music:
First your gonna want to get a converter to convert your MP3 files into an ogg format. from http://www.ofp.info under thier utilities section. Once you have the files converted we can move on.
Step One : Depbo the ssv_documents.pbo
Step Two : You will need to add the song(s) to the config so that OFP knows that the song exsists and can play it.
here we go. you will see how i defined the other ones but heres the last one i added
now we want to take your converted song, rename it rad15 and place it in your ssv_documentsmusic folder. then we copy and paste the last sound definition in the config, which in this case was rad14.
then go to a new line (press enter) and paste the define again for each new song.
now we want to change it a bit. class rad14 will be changed to class rad15
now we want to change another part. "name". as you can see Die M****r F****r Die is the name of rad14 since thats the name of the song i used. this name is only shown in the editor if you wanted to use it in your personal missions later on.
now we change the sound= path or rather the last part to the name of the file you just placed in your new music folder. which SHOULD be rad15.ogg if u followed my previous instructions. . now you save the config.cpp and your done with that.
now we have to modifiy a few scripts to get it to work. if you are using chris's OFP script maker then that will make this part ALOT easier. if not, then thats ok the default "notepad.exe" found on every windows OS will do fine.
note the parts in red are what you change teh 14 will be changed to 15
(the hmmwv known as humr.pbo has its own radio init.sqs so you will need to edit that one too if u want the song to work for the hmmwv)
then save that. now open up off.sqs and add in
_car removeaction id_r_nxt14
now we copy the track14.sqs and paste it, renaming it to track15.sqs
open it with notepad or your fav script editor and change a few things. first _car Say "rad14" changed to _car Say "rad15"
_car removeaction id_r_nxt14
_car removeaction id_r_nxt15
now save the new track15.sqs
re-pbo using the PBO tool from ofp.info
and your done
you will need to follow these steps for each new song you want to add. it sounds complicated, but once you do it once or twice you will see its really simple.
This tutorial is very very easy to comprehend and use. Created to help in the customization of the OFP: Y2K3 mod in case you are displeased with my selection of vehicals or perhaps newer better vehicals have come along and you would like to use them instead. This will help you in the process.
CPP to BIN
Free Time On Your Hands
Alright lets use an easy example here. lets say for instance you want to change the sports car aka rapid to black barrons 69 Corvette
Open the OFPY2K3.cpp and find the vehical you want to change. in this case its "Class Rapid"
Note: some lines have // before them. these are for comments. it blocks out that particular line from OFP so it wont read it. very helpful for maintaining orginal model path for reverting back like //model="modelname" and OFP wont read that line.
Use the CPP to BIN converter to convert your private OFPY2K3 config into a .bin format. rename it to config.bin and place it in your OFPY2K3Bin folder and start your game.
-AH1 - Vit AH1W Camo
-West Crew - Combat APC Crew
-East Pilot - OWP Pilot
-Shell Casing - Custom textured case
-Man 1 - Dr No tribe man2
-Man 2 - Dr No tribe man3
-Man 3 - Dr No tribe man4
-Man Police - Farmland Police Officer (changed loadouts to beretta and glock versions)
-Beretta92 - SJB Beretta
-Revovler - SJB Anaconda
-ECM Script changed, with practice and skill you can down a helo. AI vs AI is a 50/50 chance
-Unified Helo dust. all helos except BAS helos now use the same rotorwash script.
-Ability to "Play Dead" hiding from the enemy
when your health is 50%
-AH64 Crashed model now features 1 Stinger tube and one missle
-Ammo Crate changed to Mapfact Military Objects Pack "Crate"
-Custom Animation Pack
-BIS Hospital Buildings Heal
-BIS Repair Shops Repair
-Misc BIS Bunkers with working ladders
-BIS Street Lights Dimmed to a realistic setting
-Custom Icon (Designed by Me)
-Y2K3 Version number now displayed on main menu
-Changed fireing sound for the vulcan
-Police have the option to "Assert Your Athoritah" that makes the cop say "you will respect my athoritah!" (athority in english)
-Specops have the ability to heal, also have enhanced hearing and visual capibilities
-Snipers have the ability to deactivate mines, also enahnced hearing and visual capibilities
-Medics have 10 slots and are also armed with a sidearm. Resi-Cz75, Russ-Tokarev, West-Glock
-Leaning and Rolling animations implemented for primary weapon (rifle)
-Delayed fuse on hand grenades
Exploding Bodies: all effects including the exploding bodies upon sudden and or large hits like explosions
No Exploding Bodies: all effects except the exploding bodies
Unit Replacment: no effects whatsoever, animations left intact thou (opening closing doors, ect)
Y2K3 (7.3) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. AA & OFP Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 5 | Last comment: 07-19-2007 at 05:57
#1 - for demo???? and for orginal game??? - 09-07-2006 at 20:46
kira3885 From: (lion city) Joined: July 27th, 2006 Posts: 66
can i use demo for these mod pls say yes!!
#2 - 09-09-2006 at 11:49
xChipperx From: Joined: August 10th, 2005 Posts: 67
I won't say anything because that is an incredibly dumb question.
Carlos109 From: (California Los Angeles) Joined: March 25th, 2007 Posts: 1
yeah same here. its very hard to install. so many things to add. i tried adding them and they just end up not letting me open the game.
#5 - 07-19-2007 at 05:57
Dubathehutt From: (New Jersey) Joined: February 23rd, 2006 Posts: 31
Mod folders are your friend
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time. Now enjoy yourself and behave!